5 Reasons To Skip DIY Hair Treatments and Visit a Professional Salon Instead
What do you love about getting your hair done? Is it experimenting with new colors? Trying out a trendy style? Getting some extra pampering? New color, a new cut, and new ideas for styling make you feel ready to take on the world. But if you’ve ever wondered whether you can get the same results yourself at home, you’re not alone. Drug store box colors and a pair of scissors might seem like a tempting way to save a few bucks. Here are five reasons you should keep that appointment with your stylist instead:
- Experience—Your stylist has worked with hundreds of people and has experience with all kinds of hair styles, textures, and colors. He or she has seen damaged hair, bad color jobs, poor cuts, and more. And even more importantly, your stylist knows how to work with your particular hair type in order to achieve the results you want. Not all hair responds the same way to color or a particular cut, and you need someone with experience to help you create the right look.
- Consultation—Not quite sure what color or cut will look best with your face shape or skin tone? Your stylist will help you choose the best style for you and can recommend products or treatments you can do at home to keep your hair looking its best.
- Styling Tips—How many times have you pinned a hairstyle on Pinterest only to discover that it’s impossible to recreate on your own? A professional stylist will show you how to make your hair behave the way you want it to—or let you down gently and provide workable alternatives if your hair just simply isn’t ever going to have that perfect messy wave you love.
- Hair Health—Color treatments, heat styling tools, chlorine in the pool, and even the sun can cause severe damage to hair, causing it to lose its luster and dry out. Your stylist will recommend different products, techniques, and treatments you can use to restore and protect the health of your hair based on the type of damage.
- Feel Like a Million Bucks—Of course, the best reason to visit a professional stylist is that you get to enjoy the experience of having someone else pamper you for a while. When you walk out the door, you’ll have a fabulous new look and all the knowledge you need to keep it looking that way till your next visit.
Ready for a hairstyle that will make you look and feel fabulous? Call Regency Salon and Spa at (864) 991-8877 to book an appointment with one of our experienced professional stylists!