5 Tips for a Perfect Fall Manicure
Fall is in the air and if you’re like us, you’re ready to change up your beauty routine. One of the best ways to do that is to treat yourself to a manicure and as you embrace the new colors of the season. Whether this is your first manicure or your fiftieth (or more!), it pays to think through what you want from your appointment ahead of time.
Let’s take a look at five things you can expect from your next manicure and what you can do to be prepared:
- Choose your color. Most salons will give you plenty of time to pick out your color, and your nail technician may even offer suggestions based on your skin tone or style preferences. If you like to stay up to date on the latest trends, think through colors ahead of time so you’ll know just what you’re looking for when you arrive.
- Choose your nail shape. Your technician should ask you how you want your nails shaped, but if she doesn’t, it’s still smart to speak up. The last thing you want is to discover you have square tips when you were expecting ovals. Nail shape trends change from season to season as well, so this is another area where you may want to do your homework ahead of time.
- Choose your nail treatment. Talk to your nail technician about the pros and cons of gel, acrylic and shellac treatments. Each treatment involves different products and processes, so take the time to understand what you want and how each treatment will look and feel on your nails.
- Don’t rush out too quickly. It takes time for those beautiful new nails to dry, so tap the brakes before you rush out the door! Be sure your nails are completely dry before you start digging through your purse or smudging polish on your car door handle.
- Keep those nails beautiful! To keep your nails looking fresh and beautiful, you’ll need to get them touched up every 2-3 weeks. Pamper your nails between appointments by keeping skin moisturized and adding a protective topcoat as needed.
If you love manicures like we do, you’ll want to change up your color every few weeks throughout the season. Check out some of our favorite fall 2018 nail colors here, and be sure to talk to your nail technician about new trends to try!
Ready to book your appointment? Call Regency Salon and Spa at (864) 991-8877 to get your nails ready for fall!