Our Favorite Fall Nail Trends for 2016
Fall is in the air, pumpkin spice is in the coffee, and we’re excited about the new looks and styles of the season. Time to put away the sunny colors of summer and embrace the rich tones of autumn, but that doesn’t mean you can’t opt for a fun, sassy manicure this season. Here are some of the top looks we love for fall.
What Shape Are Your Nails?
Rounded nails carry over from summer styles into fall, with short rounded ovals, squared ovals, and almond shapes remaining trendy. Squared ovals provide a professional, easy maintenance look with soft edges, perfect for those who want short nails that don’t make fingers look stubby. Round and almond shapes make fingers look long and slender and provide just the right touch of wow to any style choice.
Our Favorite Colors for Fall
Fall 2016 will be the season of dark, rich hues combined with a touch of glitz and glamour. Our favorites include:
- Black, Grey, and Wine—Dark, lush colors spice things up for fall and can be embellished with two-tone gradients, crystals, pearls, and French tips.
- Silver—Silver is another popular tone this season, with glitter, frost and golden accents creating a stand-out look. For a less trendy but still current style, try squared oval nails with dark silver polish.
- Graphics—This season welcomes the return of fun, graphic designs, from horizontal lines to marble effects to half-moons and more. Try asymmetrical designs that place graphic elements in slightly different places on each nail for a quirky, fun look.
- Dual Tones—Black bases with dripping frosty tips, smooth black to burgundy or brown gradients, and silver tones with golden half-moon accents at the cuticle all made an appearance on the runway this fall. Your stylist can re-create these looks with the colors of your choice, giving you a huge variety of options to suit your style preferences.
- Classic Taupe—If you prefer a more classic look that easily carries over from work to weekend, opt for short, rounded nails in a shade of taupe. From nearly clear to earthy matte, taupe offers a wide range of classic colors that will complement any skin tone and keep your nails looking stylish all season long.
If you’re not sure what style will work best for you, talk to our professional nail stylist for tips and ideas! At Regency Salon and Spa, we are committed to helping you create your ideal look all season long. Call us at (864) 991-8877 to book your appointment today!