Get Your Toes Ready for Sandal Season!
Winter is a distant memory and summer is ramping up for a full roster of beach days, pool parties, backyard barbecues, and all things outdoors. That means we’re getting ready for flip-flop and sandal season! The bad news for some of us is that our toes haven’t seen the light of day for several months. If your toes desperately need attention, you’re in good company. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to prepping your tootsies for your first pedicure of the season.
Pamper Your Toes Before the Pedicure
Your feet work hard all day, every day. They deserve a little extra pampering. Follow these four steps for healthy, happy skin.
- Soak your feet—If you have heavy callouses, get a head start on softening them up by soaking your feet in a tub of warm water and Epsom salts for ten minutes each night. The warm water will soften up your skin, and the Epsom salts will improve circulation and relieve aches and pains.
- Exfoliate dry skin—After your feet have soaked for a while, use a salt or sugar-based foot scrub to gently exfoliate. Use a pumice stone on callouses, but remember that you don’t have to scrub it all off the first time! Go easy to avoid damaging the tender skin underneath.
- Treat cuticles—Overgrown cuticles can make even the best pedicure look dodgy. Use jojoba or almond oil to soften them up after your foot soak and keep them pushed back so they don’t grow down over your nails.
- Moisturize—Follow up with a nourishing moisturizer such as shea butter or coconut butter. If you need extra moisture, slather on lotion at night and slip on a pair of socks before heading to bed.
The Best Colors for Summer
Of course, no pedicure is complete without a gorgeous polish. Your nail technician can recommend stylish or trendy nail art to fit your unique style. Some of our favorites for this summer include:
- Watermelon reds and grass greens
- Bold pastels layered under a shimmering glitter
- Eye-catching neons
- Candy pink or rich turquoise
You can dress up any shade with a glitter or metallic topcoat for a pedicure that will be noticed no matter where you go. This summer, give your feet the treatment they deserve and get ready for sandal season with a gorgeous pedicure that will make you want to show your toes!
Call Regency Salon and Spa to set up your appointment today!