Our Top 5 Beauty Tips To Get You Ready for Summer
‘Tis the season for weddings, graduations, and beach vacations—and that means it’s time to show off your summer glow! Since summer is just around the corner, we thought this would be the perfect time to share our favorite head-to-toes summer beauty tips! So sit back, grab a frosty iced tea or lemonade and let’s talk about getting your skin, hair and nails ready for warm weather and family photos!
Our Top Tips for Your Summer Beauty Routine
Special occasions call for special pampering. If you have a wedding or graduation to attend this summer—especially if it’s your special day!—keep these things in mind so you’ll feel your beautiful best.
- Get a haircut and color that you love. Summer is a great time to change up your look with a new hairstyle. Whether you’re ready for a short summer bob or you want to add new highlights to your long locks, your stylist can help you choose a look that works equally well on the beach or at your cousin’s wedding. You might also want to aim for a low-maintenance style so you don’t have to spend too much time on your hair when you just want to head out to the pool.
- Time to pamper your toes! It’s sandal season, so give your toes some extra attention with a professional pedicure that buffs away dry skin and callouses. If you’re normally a red toenails kind of girl, consider changing up your routine with a fun summer color.
- Prep your skin for the summer sun. You’ll probably be spending more time outdoors than you have for months, so it’s a great time to get a facial and talk to your esthetician about sun protection for your skin. Everyone loves to soak up sun in the summertime, but don’t make the mistake of putting yourself at risk for skin cancer. You may also need to make some adjustments to your daily skin care routine such as a different moisturizer or makeup.
- More love, less heat. Sunshine, chlorine from the pool, and saltwater at the beach can all wreak havoc on your hair. In the summertime, hair needs extra TLC in the form of more intensive conditioners, less frequent washing, and fewer heat tools like blow dryers and straighteners.
- Plan ahead. If you have a special event coming up, plan your hair appointment a few days in advance. That gives you time to get used to your new cut and figure out how to style it so you feel like a million bucks.
If you’re hankering for a new look this summer, call us to make an appointment today! We’ll help you get your skin, hair, and nails ready for all the special moments and memories of summer!